Tuesday, July 28, 2009

July 18th 2009

Ashley Rose Cox
July 18th, 2009
5 pounds 14 ounces
19 1/2 inches long

Well, I was put on bedrest by my doctor on Wed. July 15th because I was dilated to a 4+ and contracting at that appointment. It was very short lived. On Saturday the 18th I woke up bleeding. That is actually putting it mildly. I jumped out of bed realizing I needed to get to the hospital quick and it just started gushing. Needless to say I was hemorrhaging. I had a placenta previa (low lying placenta) that we had been keeping an eye on via ultrasound. But I must have been laboring that night which triggered the hemorrhage that morning. (I even woke up at like 2 a.m. feeling contractions and wondering if I should go into the hospital. But I eventually fell back to sleep.) Well my husband was wonderful and called 911. He stayed so calm. He grabbed a towel and had me lay on the floor. I didn't know what else to do. I was afraid to move. I was scared that my baby might not be alive anymore, and for the first time in my life, I layed there wondering if I was going to die. I felt like the ambulance wouldn't get there fast enough and I would just bleed out. Well, they finally arrived and immediately placed two IV's in my arms and started giving me fluids. Then we were off to the hospital. (Thanks mom for getting there so fast to be with Trev.) By the time I got to the hospital I had clotted off a bit and the bleeding was more minimal. They placed monitors on me and my baby's little heart beat was so perfect. The doctor came in and explained I would be getting an emergency C-section. All the staff were wonderful. The c-section went without flaw and the NICU team was on hand to care for my baby. She came out kicking and screaming and never even needed oxygen. I can't believe how blessed we were to be alive and doing so well. I had lost a lot of blood but they let me recover myself and I didn't need a transfusion thank goodness. Baby girl picked up breast feeding like a champ and was able to go upstairs with me. Unfortunately I was in the hospital for 4 days recovering, but we are now both home and doing great. However, recovering from a c-section is awful. So here she is our beautiful, healthy baby girl.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want to love her!!! I wish I could be home to see you guys! You will just have to keep the pictures coming. I can't believe I won't see her till Nov. :( She is beautiful! I am glad everything is good with both of you. Sat. morning when I called home and talked to dad I was so scared for both of you. I love you and am so excited to have little girls together!

Kaydee said...

I am so glad everything is ok!!! You are so positive and have such a great attitude about everything! Ashley is adorable! I love the bow! I am so excited for you guys and glad to hear all is well! Congrats!

Beth said...

Holy Crap! So that's what happened to you! I'm glad everything went okay and that you both are doing well. She looks so much like you. Crazy. I love the bow. Now I need to invest in some soon! I would have totally guessed she was bigger the 5lbs. She does not look that small. Hope your recovery gets better. Love ya.

Amanda XOX said...

Yay new pics! Love the one of Trevor and his new baby sister. Glad you gals both made it through safe. And it seriously takes 6 weeks to finally feel "better" after a c-section, so hang in there and enjoy the help!