Friday, June 26, 2009

32 weeks (and counting)

Well, I haven't done any weekly updates on my pregnancy, but here's where we're at:
-Again I am contracting a lot this pregnancy, so I have been on Nifedepine, which is a pill that helps to relax the uterus and keep it from contracting, for the last month. It helps but, I still feel them all the time.
-I have been dilated to 2 cm since 28 weeks. (Although no change since then, so that's good.)
-I haven't been too sick, but I feel exhausted all the time. I think that having a 2 year old to tend this time around is the reason.
-We FINALLY chose a name for our sweet girl. Ashley. No middle name decided yet.
-I've gained 14 pounds so far.
-EVERYONE keeps telling me how small I am and it's making me self conscious. It's getting really old. Baby is measuring a little small, but nothing too concerning. I measured small with my first and he was a healthy 7 pounds 3 ounces.
-I love to listen to my baby's little heart beat with my stethoscope.
-I stil don't think Trevor understands what is going on, but he does give my belly kisses when we tell him to give the baby a kiss. He won't say baby, but he does know how to "sign" it.

3 comments:

Shelise said...

Yeah! I am so excited for you. When I was pregnant with my second, I contracted for the last 4 months. I never did until a few days before labor with the first one. Anyway, good luck with everything. Looks like another August birthday in your home.

Marcie said...

CONGRATS on the New baby girl! I went into work the other day to see everyone and your mom said you had just had your baby. Hope you are doing ok, sounds like it was a little scary but you should know you were in good hands there!
Cant wait to see some pictures of her!

Jason and Tawni said...

I am so happy that your new little girl will be here soon! I am sure you do look small for being 32 weeks pregnant but you are a small person so don't let it get to you. People always say stuff that they may not realize is annoying to someone else. But just between you and me, I would LOVE to have your problem!!!