Monday, August 18, 2008

The Birthday Party


For Trevors birthday we just had some family come over for a barbecue. Then we opened his presents and had cake and icecream. Here is Trev with my parents. His Grandma and Grandpa Cox, aunt Michelle and my brother Wes came also. Thanks all of you for making his birthday so fun!


Oh man, he just absolutely loves balloons. I went to the grocery store to get food for the party and decided to pick some up for his birthday. He was the happiest kid ever. He didn't let go of them for a good 45 minutes.


Opening his present from aunt Robyn and uncle Mitch. Thanks you two for being so kind. We sure miss you. The little Iowa sweatshirt you got him is adorable. I'll make sure to take a picture of him in it for you this winter.


He actually did very well at unwrapping his presents. (With a little help from his mom though, of course.


I got him these giant legos and he absolutely loves them. (So does his dad). He was wanting to open them before Trevor's birthday. Bill loves building towers, and Trev loves coming and destroying them.


This had to be my favorite toy that he got. The most adorable little rocking horse from my mom and dad. The funny thing....Trevor was absolutely terrified of it. The horse makes "neigh" sounds and moves his head and tail around. Here is Trev screaming. But happy to say, he has come to love this horse and plays with it everyday now. Thanks Grandma and Granpa Tietjen!



His first experience with cake. Surprisingly did not do much with it. He had had a fever and wasn't feeling too well. I don't think he ate any of it. But he sure liked playing in it.


This was the damage. Pretty good huh? That was from me trying to get him to taste the frosting. He enjoyed throwing some of the cake on the floor. I think he looks like my brother Jesse in this picture. What do you think fam?


Here he is driving one of the hotwheels cars from his cake. Cute boy!










3 comments:

Jody said...

He's definitely a Tietjen! What fun memories of his 1st year.

Shelise said...

Happy Birthday Trevor!!! How are you doing? It was funny to see the Iowa Hawkeyes picture cause My Trevor has a shirt with them on it (cause my parents used to live there). Anyway, I love reading your blog and keeping up with you.

Anonymous said...

Cute boy! I wish we could have been there to see him! I remember Christmas when we was somewhat trying to open his presents(well pulling out the tissue paper) I can't wait to see him this Christmas! Love you guys!