Well, on a sadder note. Bill's best friend Niel (the one in the camping pictures) was in a really bad motorcycle accident on Monday and was life flighted to Las Vegas. Bill called me at work and I just started balling. It was RIGHT at the beggining of shift too. We tried getting someone to come in for me, but no luck. We are so crazy busy, we had to call in our unit manager to work as a floor nurse that night.
So the initial news was that Neil would possibly lose both his arm and leg on the left side. (He was hit by a car). Long story short, he is having miraculous progress. He had severed an artery in his left arm that doctors were able to reconnect. However, we still don't know what kind of nerve damage was done. As for his leg doctor's decided it wasn't SO bad until you got to the foot. It got pretty smashed. But the latest good news....he has been put in like a drug induced coma so he won't move around, and they woke him up yesterday and were touching his arm and leg asking if he could feel it. He said yes. Then doctors asked him to wiggle his toes...and HE DID! yeah! His brain, back, and all his major organs are just fine. Just pretty broken up. We're all praying for him here in SG.
Bill and I are heading down to Vegas in the morning for my birthday on saturday. Thought we'd get away and do something different. Hopefully we will get to see Neil too. Be careful out there everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am soooo glad that he can fell his arm and wiggle his toes. That is AWESOME. I was soo upset about the whole thing. I guess I really didn't realize how much he means to me till this happened.. I was pretty upset. Well make sure you tell his that I am thinking about him and hope that everything will just continue to get better! by the way HAPPY BIRTHDAY KINS!!! I Love you soo much and miss you guys! hope you have a wonderful birthday!
Wow. I have never met Neil, but my heart goes out to him. We will keep him in our prayers. It sounds like the Doctors are doing all the right things and I am so glad to here that he is healing. I am also glad that you are getting away for your Birthday! I hope you have a fun day. Happy birthday from us! We love you and are glad to read some new posts (good news and bad).
Oh my gosh! I'm SO glad he's ok! We're praying for him...
But look at how cute you guys are!! Ok, so I'm totally thinking I have Daniel convinced to come visit you guys the end of July. I'm hoping I'll be healed by then :)
Trev is so cute Kins. Too bad we can't get our kiddos together.
Post a Comment