Thursday, February 4, 2010

6 months and growing up so fast!

Time sure flies with a baby. I swear they never stay little for very long. Baby girl is now 6 1/2 months old. She is so darling. She has the most beautiful smile and we just lover her to pieces. Everytime we go over to my parent's house my dad says, "She is so easy." That really does describe her pretty well. She is so mellow...so not like Trevor was. She will let you hold her all day long and just sit and listen to you talk. Trevor hated to be held and cuddled. He wanted to be down playing and exploring. I love this about her. Ever since she was born she loved to cuddle. When we had just Trevor I used to tell Bill I hoped our next baby would like to cuddle. He says I have gotten my wish with her. At her 6 month doctor's appointment, the doctor commented on how "dainty" she is. He had one of those tongue depressor things that look like a giant popcicle stick and he handed it to her. He thought it was so cute how she grabbed it. She really is so girly. Here are her 6 month stats:
weight: 14 pounds 9 ounces (19%)
length: 26 inches (54%)
head circ.: 17 inches (63%)
So apparantly she has a big head??? I've never thought that...Trev on the other hand...haha. She is still small for weight but the doctor was impressed with her growth. We had started her on rice cereal at 4 months for the extra calories.
Ashley is definitely a mommy's girl. Except her favorite person has got to be Trevor. He makes her full out belly laugh like no one else can. She rolls all over the floor and (wiping a tear)...is starting to sit on her own. I can't leave her alone, because she tips over after awhile, but she is sitting for longer periods of time everyday. (pictures below). I know I sound sad, because I just love babies, but I really am excited for her to get bigger. Ashley and Trevor just absolutely adore eachother and I know they will play so well together.

So big!

Hahaha! okay, so she doesn't like applesauce...??? Really? I can't figure that one out. She's so sweet, she kept eating it, but her face was awesome. She loves sweet potatoes, squash, and bananas. Such a big girl!

I took this picture of her the other day. I couldn't believe how long she was sitting on her own, so I had to go grab the camera. (Notice her hair...haha. I love it. I swear it is just growing straight up on top. I can't get it to stay down. So we just let it do it's thing.)



6 comments:

Brad and Jamie Porter said...

She is sooo dang cute

Anonymous said...

Oh I love that girl!!! Don't let her grow up to fast, I have to see her again as a baby.

Beth said...

What a sweet little girl! We also have the hair stinking straight up issue. Love it!

Jason and Lauren said...

Kinsly she is adorable....I LOVE her eyes!

Kira said...

oh what a sweetheart! it is nice when they get a little bigger isn't it? but i agree babies are sooo lovable!

Lexie said...

She is so cute Kins! I wanna see her again.