Sunday, March 22, 2009

Baby's got a boo-boo

I know, it's been awhile, but I've come on here so many times thinking I should post something, but have nothing. My life has been so uneventful it seems. However I now have something a little unfortunate to report. My poor little guy has a sprained ankle. We went to the park the other night to watch Bill play tennis with a friend. Trev and I decided to go test out the slides on the playground. We were having a blast and Trevor kept telling me "more, more!" Well, on the last slide of the night his leg got caught between my leg and the slide and bent it back. I have never heard such a sad cry. He went on for about 45 min. I knew something was wrong, because my baby is not a crier. Well, it was late, so after calming him down we gave him some motrin and put him to bed. When he woke in the morning he had that pained cry again. He wouldn't walk or even stand on his leg. So we took him to the doctor's office where they recommended we get an x-ray done. Apparantly the same thing happened the week before and the child had severe breaks. Luckily it was not broken, just sprained. But it's so hard to see my 18 mo. old son get frustrated because he can't get up and run around. I have to admit I do love that he wants to be held and cuddled all the time now.

3 comments:

Darla said...

So sorry about Trevor's sprained ankle BUT CONGRATULATIONS on the upcoming baby!

Maria said...

Poor Trevor! Did they splint his ankle or wrap it or anything? Emma's cast finally came off her wrist - yea!

Kira said...

poor little guy! i will agree with you on the cuddling thing. it's so nice when they want to be loved on.